- What is a template?
A template is the structure and shape of your newsletter. It's a basic layout that you can use over and over again. The design of your newsletter consists of different elements like the colour scheme, letter font and button layout.
Recipients will immediately recognise the corporate identity of your newsletters. By default, Sendtex offers a blank template which you can change to your own taste. You can create and save as many templates as you wish.
You create a new campaign by selecting a template, adding content and saving the campaign.
- Which fonts can I choose?
Sendtex uses fonts that are installed by default on each computer. The reason is to prevent your email campaign from being displayed differently than intended. This is why you can chose from several multiplatform fonts such as Arial, Verdana, Georgia and others.
- What are some of the things I can change in my template?
You can change each Sendtex template to match your corporate colors. To do this, you can use predefined color palettes or you can change the color of each individual element. You can also change the font and font size. And finally, you can add your contact info to your template. Once saved, these graphic elements form your personal template.
All Sendtex templates are made in such a way that they will display correctly in the most popular email apps (Outlook, Gmail and others). To accomplish this, we work with a fixed width, which you cannot change.
- Can I add a background image to my template?
No. Background images are blocked by most mail clients and are bad for the readability of your message. That's why Sendtex doesn't allow you to use pictures or illustrations as a background image. However, you can pick a background color to match your corporate identity.
- Can I add a link to my text or image?
We recommend that you add a link to every image in your newsletter, even if it's just to your website's homepage. This increases the odds that recipients of your mail will land on your website. In order to add a link to an image, you will need to:
- add the image
- select the image by left-clicking the image
- select the link icon from the toolbar on the right
A window will appear where you can fill in the desired link address.
- Can I enlarge, reduce, move or rotate a photo?
Definitely. After you've added a photo, you can always enlarge it, reduce it, move it or rotate it using the right sidebar. Poweruser tip: just use the mouse wheel to zoom your photo in or out or to move your photo. If you want to increase or decrease the height of the photo, you can use the corresponding menu items in the right sidebar.
- How can I add elements to my campaign?
When you hover over a block, a 'plus' icon will appear. Press the up arrow to add a block above the current block. Press the down arrow to add a block below the current block.
When you click the arrow, you will see a number of options which you can chose from. Click one of the options to add that element at the desired position. To change the contents, click within the block.
- Can I change the colors of my email?
When designing your mail, you can change the color of almost any element, for example the color of the background, the titles, the text and the links. This way, you are certain that your mail matches your corporate identity.
- How can I add an image to my newsletter?
You can add one or more images to your newsletters. Use the image-block or text and image-block. You can edit any element to show more or less images.
It's also possible to add a link to your images so you can send your contacts to your website, zoom in and out or move your image within the image-block.
- How can I delete the link buttons in my email campaign?
If you only want a text and image combination without a link button, you can delete the buttons.
Follow these steps:
- Go to design (step 2)
- Hover with your mouse over a text-block with a link button and click on the cart wheel
- Click on the cartwheel and toggle the button
- Can I add multiple images side by side?
Yes! Follow these steps to add more than one image in a single row:
- Open your campaign and go to step 2: Design
- Hover over a block until the option to add a new element appears
- Click the ‘plus’ sign and select the option “Image”
- Now click on the icon with the two arrows
- Select the desired amount of images to add to your mailing.
Or edit one the current image elements by following step 4 and 5.
- Can I change the formatting of a block?
Every block has several formatting options. You can edit the block by following these steps:
- Hover with your mouse on the block you want to change. You'll see the settings bar appear on the right.
- Click on the icon with two arrows.
- You'll now be able to see the different formatting options available for that block type. Select the option that best suits your needs.
- What file types can be uploaded to Sendtex?
The following file formats can be used in Sendtex newsletters:
It's also possible to upload images with transparant backgrounds. It will show the underlying background colour instead.
The maximum file size is 10 MB.